We are able to provide you with a variety of natural rock products for your Memorial Headstones.
- • Granite Headstone
- Polished granite headstones with granite bases come in a variety of shapes and colours. If you require a special shape or design, these can be made to order. Please contact us to discuss your requirements.
Your inscription is sandblasted into the stone.
- • Natural Stone Headstone with Granite Inlay
- We are able to fabricate a natural stone headstone, handpicked from the quarry, providing you with a unique one off shape. We then insert a polished granite plaque using your inscription. The headstone comes with either a stone or concrete base.
- • Natural Polished Stone with Granite Inlay
- If you prefer a Polished Natural Headstone, we are able to supply this for you. The inscription can be sandblasted into the surface of the stone or we are able to insert a granite plaque (with inscription) onto the stone.
- • Memorial Plaque
- We are able to manufacture granite plaques for cremations, walls etc, with your inscription. All our natural stones are sourced from local quarries. These natural stones are handpicked for their shape and aesthetic value.
Points to Consider:
- Style of headstone you require - granite or natural stone.
- Shape of the headstone and the finish you desire.
- The base for the headstone - stone, granite or plaster finish.
- Whether you require a flower vase or inscription into the base.
Headstone Price Guide
- Memorial Plaque (for cremations) $400.00
- Memorial Granite Headstone $2,000.00 (depending on size and shape)
- Natural Rock Headstone $1,400.00
We can install the headstone in the cemetery, for an extra charge.
The family may wish to install the headstone themselves (if regulations allow).
Text / Artwork
Decide on the inscription you would like and style of lettering (not all styles of lettering are suitable for sandblasting into the granite).
Things to cover:
- • Date of birth
- • Date of passing
- • Relationship to spouse and family, and a few words about the person
- • Inscription colours - black and white, colour, gold leaf lettering or colour for pictorials
- • We are able to personalise the headstone by using images/designs or logos. These are sandblasted into the granite/stone. We have a selection of images/designs or logos to choose from or you may provide your own.
As soon as a headstone, text and colour scheme is decided upon, we will provide you with a scale drawing with your design, wording and art work for your approval. Once this is signed off by you, we will able to start the headstone. The complete process can take up to 12-16 weeks.
NB: Please allow plenty of time when ordering, if unveiling is planned.
- • Council or public cemeteries require permits and have regulations on construction, materials and size.
- • Private cemeteries do not have this requirement.
- • Plaques are mounted flat or tilted slightly at horizontal.
- • Headstones are mounted on a base and stand vertical.
Renovation / Restoration Work
We are able to renovate and restore old granite and marble headstones.
- • Cleaning the grave site (including cleaning of the gravestone/sculpture/monuments) and removing vegetation
- • Repair and strengthen the base
- • Repair and replace concrete slab or replace with stone pebbles
- • Repair and reset leaning headstones
- • Refurbishing of faded lettering by repainting or re-gilding of gold lettering